The concept of shipping glitter to your enemies surfaced recently, and it was a brilliant idea.
Orders at the short-lived ShipYourEnemiesGlitter.com were quickly suspended after its unexpected popularity. It specialized in “shipping glitter to enemies you hate” in envelopes with carefully placed notes explaining the occasion.
Your enemies and your friends do need glitter. I need glitter. We need glitter in the form of sparkly life moments that get everywhere and shine and make us smile.
- People need it. Did your boss humiliate you? How about the driver that cut you off? They need GLITTER. Perhaps your boss is going through a nasty divorce. If that stranger’s late for work again, he might lose his job. Make up a story, if you must, to get over it.
- What goes around, comes around. Be it the power of the universe, karma or paybacks, what you send out comes back to you. Give glitter and you’ll get glitter.
- It might reduce stress. Did you know that holding a grudge can physically affect you? Sending someone glitter – especially if they don’t deserve it – could help you let go of undesirable situations. You don’t have to be affected by someone else’s unhappiness. Choose happy.
- The world will become a better place. Smiling at a stranger or holding the door for a parent navigating a double stroller will make their day. If you want to and you can, buy donuts or coffee for the people behind you at the drive-up when you’re picking up morning coffee.
- You will inspire others to spread glitter. The world needs more glitter, love and kindness.
Glitter can be anything from a compliment to well wishes or even a silent prayer, white light, positive energy or good vibes. Whatever good stuff you can send, send it to all. You don’t even need to tell them about it. If not for them, do it for you.
Spread the sparkle!